My life with a Meat Man and Meat Kids

I love to make my own, well, ANYTHING! It's easy, may not always be cheaper but is defiantly always better for you. In this scary world of GMO's and toxic processed food, I am really trying hard to make homemade. We even have chickens that lay eggs for the fam lol. I am a mom of two girls ages 4 and 2 and they are very active. I also work too, so these meals are packed with nutrition and fast and inexpensive to do. Hope this blog helps some mama's (and papas) out there trying to feed our selves with healthy food on a budget and fast! Oh and why Veggie Woman Vs. Meat Man? Because I am a mom, and I am always trying to get my husband (who is more difficult than my kids) to eat more Veggies by making them more tastey or sneaking them into the foods I make te he. Enjoy!



Friday, May 13, 2011

White Bean Hummus



2 cans of any white beans of your choice  rinsed and drained (I used northern beans)
2 tablespoons of tahini
2-3 tablespoons of an Herb of your choice, I used oregano but you could use basil
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 clove of garlic (I used two, I love garlic)
Juice of one lemon (or more if you like the lemony taste)
Salt to taste

Chop up the herbs then throw it all into a food processor or blender and hit frappe'
Then taste, if you need to add a little more of whatever you like to make it to your taste.

What I did:
I made this then the over the next couple of days (I don't like monotony, it's boring) I added kalamata olives and some olive oil and some pine nuts and whala new taste and yummy.

How to use hummus:
Dip carrots in it
Dip raw peppers in it, yellow green and red
Dip bread in it
Spread onto a sandwhich and add a tomato and or alfalfa srpouts and make a sandwhich
Anyone got any other suggestions?
Hope you Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment