My life with a Meat Man and Meat Kids

I love to make my own, well, ANYTHING! It's easy, may not always be cheaper but is defiantly always better for you. In this scary world of GMO's and toxic processed food, I am really trying hard to make homemade. We even have chickens that lay eggs for the fam lol. I am a mom of two girls ages 4 and 2 and they are very active. I also work too, so these meals are packed with nutrition and fast and inexpensive to do. Hope this blog helps some mama's (and papas) out there trying to feed our selves with healthy food on a budget and fast! Oh and why Veggie Woman Vs. Meat Man? Because I am a mom, and I am always trying to get my husband (who is more difficult than my kids) to eat more Veggies by making them more tastey or sneaking them into the foods I make te he. Enjoy!



Friday, May 13, 2011

Stuffed Zuchinni


1 or 2 large zuchini or however much you want
1 log of goat cheese
1 bunch of mint or basil or herb of your choice (mint works best though)
handful of mozzerella cheese
slug of olive oil
tin foil

Slice the zuke but be carful not to slice all the way through, put a tiny bit of olive oil on the outside of the zuke and salt and pepper the outside. Salt and pepper inside of zuke. Take the goat cheese and mix in some chopped mint (or other herb you have chosen). I usually mix it in with my hands, then roll it like you do with playdough into a long worm and stuff the zuke with this mixture, then put a little slug of olive oil over the zuke, then top and mush in some mozzerella cheese. Take your tinfoil and roll the zuke up in it. Then bake in oven or toaster oven about 30 - 40 min.

What to serve with baked zukes:
Serve with a side of pasta
Serve with a side of eggplant parmesan
Serve with some crusty bread and a greek salad
Serve with baked tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment