My life with a Meat Man and Meat Kids

I love to make my own, well, ANYTHING! It's easy, may not always be cheaper but is defiantly always better for you. In this scary world of GMO's and toxic processed food, I am really trying hard to make homemade. We even have chickens that lay eggs for the fam lol. I am a mom of two girls ages 4 and 2 and they are very active. I also work too, so these meals are packed with nutrition and fast and inexpensive to do. Hope this blog helps some mama's (and papas) out there trying to feed our selves with healthy food on a budget and fast! Oh and why Veggie Woman Vs. Meat Man? Because I am a mom, and I am always trying to get my husband (who is more difficult than my kids) to eat more Veggies by making them more tastey or sneaking them into the foods I make te he. Enjoy!



Friday, May 13, 2011

Kombu Dashi

 

 

Ingredients

4 cups water
1 piece Eden Kombu, 4 to 6 inches long
 
Directions
Place water and kombu in a pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes. Remove the kombu and use in other dishes or make a second soup stock with it.

The dashi stock is now ready to season with Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce or any Eden Organic Miso for broth, or to add vegetables and other ingredients to make soups, stews, sauces, or gravies.

Other ingredients such as sliced Eden Shiitake Mushrooms, or Eden Dried Daikon Radish can also be added at the beginning of cooking to create various flavored dashi.

I got this recipe from Eden Organics

What you can do with Kombu Dashi:
Make soup with it, toss in some tofu and some cut up seaweed, bok choy, spinach or kale, throw in some diced carrots, add mushrooms.

You can freeze this stock to use for later recipes
You can also place a 12 inch strip of kombu into 8 cups of water and place in a bowl overnight in the fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment