My life with a Meat Man and Meat Kids

I love to make my own, well, ANYTHING! It's easy, may not always be cheaper but is defiantly always better for you. In this scary world of GMO's and toxic processed food, I am really trying hard to make homemade. We even have chickens that lay eggs for the fam lol. I am a mom of two girls ages 4 and 2 and they are very active. I also work too, so these meals are packed with nutrition and fast and inexpensive to do. Hope this blog helps some mama's (and papas) out there trying to feed our selves with healthy food on a budget and fast! Oh and why Veggie Woman Vs. Meat Man? Because I am a mom, and I am always trying to get my husband (who is more difficult than my kids) to eat more Veggies by making them more tastey or sneaking them into the foods I make te he. Enjoy!



Thursday, January 12, 2012

Kale, Swiss Chard, and Feta Cheese Pie







This is sooo versitile, you can eat if for breakfast lunch or dinner. Or you can cut it into small squars and serve at a party as an appitizer. You could also use spinach and swiss chard or spinach and kale or greens.


2 tbsp olive oil
1 bunch of kale ( I used Lacinato Kale, but you can use any type)
1 bunch of swiss chard
6 eggs (use egg beaters if your trying to cut fat)
3/4 cup of parmesan cheese for topping (if your trying to cut fat this is good without it)
1 cup approx 4oz of feta (or light feta) cheese
2 tablespoons of pine nuts or walnuts (optional)
1/3 cup of bread crumbs
1/3 cup of nutritional yeast (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 375. Coat a 2 quart baking dish with olive oil or pam.
2. Wash kale and swiss chard. Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil, throw in your greens and boil for a minute. Then drain in a colander squeezing out as much liquid as you can, then set on a cutting board and coarsley chop. Set aside.
3. In a bowl wisk the eggs (if your using egg beaters skip this step), stir in some salt and pepper to taste, then stir in bread crumbs nutritional yeast if using and the feta cheese, then stir in the chopped veggies. Pour this into your baking dish and bake in oven for approx 35 to 40 min or until golden brown around edges. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if using. Enjoy
P.S my meat loving hubby loved this and got thirds, so you know it's tastey!

No comments:

Post a Comment