My life with a Meat Man and Meat Kids

I love to make my own, well, ANYTHING! It's easy, may not always be cheaper but is defiantly always better for you. In this scary world of GMO's and toxic processed food, I am really trying hard to make homemade. We even have chickens that lay eggs for the fam lol. I am a mom of two girls ages 4 and 2 and they are very active. I also work too, so these meals are packed with nutrition and fast and inexpensive to do. Hope this blog helps some mama's (and papas) out there trying to feed our selves with healthy food on a budget and fast! Oh and why Veggie Woman Vs. Meat Man? Because I am a mom, and I am always trying to get my husband (who is more difficult than my kids) to eat more Veggies by making them more tastey or sneaking them into the foods I make te he. Enjoy!



Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Vegan Collard Greens









1 big bag of collard greens
3 strips of smoked tempeh
1 leek or one small onion
olive oil
liquid smoke
vegetable stock
salt
vinegar (I used Braggs apple cider vinegar with "The Mother"

Directions:
pour two tablespoons of olive oil into pan and throw in leek or onion, saute for about 2 min then chop up the tempeh and throw that in and saute another couple of minutes. Then stuff as much greens as possible into pot, salt them, put a couple of small splashes of liquid smoke and immediately pour some vegetable stock in about 8 oz. Boil for 5 min or however long you like, until the greens are done to your liking. That's it, healthy and really easy. At the end I put about 2 tsp of vinegar in the pot and stir. You could put some more vinegar in there afterwards or some hot sauce, it's up to you. These greens come out so smokey and tangy, I personally thought this was awsome. I made up the recipe myself today cause I had a bag full of greens to cook before they went bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment