My life with a Meat Man and Meat Kids

I love to make my own, well, ANYTHING! It's easy, may not always be cheaper but is defiantly always better for you. In this scary world of GMO's and toxic processed food, I am really trying hard to make homemade. We even have chickens that lay eggs for the fam lol. I am a mom of two girls ages 4 and 2 and they are very active. I also work too, so these meals are packed with nutrition and fast and inexpensive to do. Hope this blog helps some mama's (and papas) out there trying to feed our selves with healthy food on a budget and fast! Oh and why Veggie Woman Vs. Meat Man? Because I am a mom, and I am always trying to get my husband (who is more difficult than my kids) to eat more Veggies by making them more tastey or sneaking them into the foods I make te he. Enjoy!



Sunday, January 22, 2012

Mango Banana Breakfast Smoothie


1 mango

1 banana

1 small tub approx 4-6 oz of yogurt (whatever flavor you like, i use the kids trix yogurt because that is what I always have on hand lol)

1/2 cup of warm water (more if needed)

2-3 cubes of ice

1 packet of stevia or 1 tsp of stevia (or sugar to taste if not diabetic)

How to blend:
Put in yogurt first then banana, then mango, then ice. Blend and while blending pour in the warm water (don't worry it will still be cold but I find the warm water helps to melt the ice and blend easier and better with less strain on your blender. My blender has a top, then a tiny top so I can pour stuff in while I am still blending, if yours does not do this then stop the blender then pour water in put top back on and keep blending on puree. You may need to shake your blender around and stop the blender and stir it around. Pour in the stevia last to taste.

Green Smoothie:
Do the same as above but add some spinach or kale. (My little ones never know it's in there and I tell them the leprechauns turned it green, they love it lol)

Crunchy smoothie:
Add some wheat germ for extra nutrition (you may need to add a touch more water if  you do this, the taste and consistency should be tasty to your palate.

Just mango or Just banana smoothie:
If I don't have a banana or mango just use two of each

Black Smoothie:
Substitute or add in a addition to above with blackberries or blueberries.

ENJOY you very nutritious smoothie!
I do this for my girls at least 3 times a week.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds tasty! I just bought some frozen mango, I bet that would work well and I would need less ice! I have plain, fat-free Greek yogurt on hand to use, which adds a ton of protein and won't mess with the mango taste.

    ReplyDelete