My life with a Meat Man and Meat Kids

I love to make my own, well, ANYTHING! It's easy, may not always be cheaper but is defiantly always better for you. In this scary world of GMO's and toxic processed food, I am really trying hard to make homemade. We even have chickens that lay eggs for the fam lol. I am a mom of two girls ages 4 and 2 and they are very active. I also work too, so these meals are packed with nutrition and fast and inexpensive to do. Hope this blog helps some mama's (and papas) out there trying to feed our selves with healthy food on a budget and fast! Oh and why Veggie Woman Vs. Meat Man? Because I am a mom, and I am always trying to get my husband (who is more difficult than my kids) to eat more Veggies by making them more tastey or sneaking them into the foods I make te he. Enjoy!



Sunday, March 2, 2014


Crockpot Lentil Chili


Ingredients
2 cups of lentils of your choice ( I used 1 cup red and 1 cup brown cause that is what I had on hand)
1 can of diced tomatoes (I used flavored with oregano)

5 cups of water plus chicken cubes (or chicken stock if you are not using chicken cubes) (using low sodium chicken broth would be healthier too, just a thought)

2 tablespoons Chili powder
garlic cloves ( I love garlic so I put a lot in, it's up to you how much garlic you want)
1 onion
1 green pepper
1 tsp Cumin (optional)
1 can of garbanzo beans
Jalapeno if you like the heat
Cilantro (optional) Serve as a topping
Avocado (use as a topping, optional)

Get your crockpot out and ready. Then put the lentils and the chicken stock or water in there if your using chicken cubes. Put your garlic in if you are using it. Put all your seasonings in except salt, do not put salt in with lentils while you are cooking because it will make your lentils tough. Next put your onions and green peppers in and let that go on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4 hours. Before your ready to serve dump the garbanzo beans in there and or black beans if you want those too. 
Serve and top with nonfat Greek yogurt, sour cream, and cheese. You can also serve with cilantro. 

No comments:

Post a Comment