My life with a Meat Man and Meat Kids

I love to make my own, well, ANYTHING! It's easy, may not always be cheaper but is defiantly always better for you. In this scary world of GMO's and toxic processed food, I am really trying hard to make homemade. We even have chickens that lay eggs for the fam lol. I am a mom of two girls ages 4 and 2 and they are very active. I also work too, so these meals are packed with nutrition and fast and inexpensive to do. Hope this blog helps some mama's (and papas) out there trying to feed our selves with healthy food on a budget and fast! Oh and why Veggie Woman Vs. Meat Man? Because I am a mom, and I am always trying to get my husband (who is more difficult than my kids) to eat more Veggies by making them more tastey or sneaking them into the foods I make te he. Enjoy!



Thursday, May 31, 2012

Vegan Green Coleslaw






So green and sooo good!

1 package of already chopped slaw I use broccoli slaw which makes this recipe really green if you know what I mean lol (you can chop if you would like but this is much faster)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 ripe avocado chopped in to little 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup of  veganaise (vegan mayonnaise) you can use regular I just think this tastes much better
1-2 tablespoons of Salad Booster (you can find at local heath food store or on amazon) this is what turns the salad green and gives it a really good flavor. It's super good for you too.
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds (you can used sliced almonds or other nut of your choice)
2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste


Get a big bowl because you need to stir everything in there. Dump the salad stuff in the bowl, then the vegan mayo, then the olive oil then stir to coat the salad. Then put the rest of the ingredients in. Put the avocado in last because you don't want it smashed in there, stir it lightly when you dump the avocado in. Then serve. If you let it sit for about an hour it becomes very flavorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment