My life with a Meat Man and Meat Kids

I love to make my own, well, ANYTHING! It's easy, may not always be cheaper but is defiantly always better for you. In this scary world of GMO's and toxic processed food, I am really trying hard to make homemade. We even have chickens that lay eggs for the fam lol. I am a mom of two girls ages 4 and 2 and they are very active. I also work too, so these meals are packed with nutrition and fast and inexpensive to do. Hope this blog helps some mama's (and papas) out there trying to feed our selves with healthy food on a budget and fast! Oh and why Veggie Woman Vs. Meat Man? Because I am a mom, and I am always trying to get my husband (who is more difficult than my kids) to eat more Veggies by making them more tastey or sneaking them into the foods I make te he. Enjoy!



Saturday, May 19, 2012

Coconut Millet Cereal




Coconut Millet Cereal

1 cup whole millet
1 cup water
1 cup coconut water
2 tsp of coconut oil (or you can use olive oil, or grapeseed)
Cinnamon (optional)
Coconut Milk (optional)


In a skillet heat 1tsp of the coconut oil (or oil of your choice) and toast the millet stirring often, when the millet is tan in color pour the coconut water and water in and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 min, then turn down to a low simmer. Simmer for 25 min. I checked mine several times and stirred, the more you stir the more creamy it because but if you want it fluffy then leave it be, but check and make sure it's not burning. That's it, simple and good for you and very yummy. Your house will smell awesome after cooking this. To serve you can sprinkle in some Cinnamon and a couple tablespoons of coconut milk.

This was so easy and it was fun for the girls to stir in the extras, we just used Cinnamon and coconut.

Tips:
If you don't have coconut water just use plain water and put some shredded coconut in after the boiling point. Even if you don't have either of these ingredients you can still make it just flavor with the below suggestions.

Stir in some strawberry jam.
Stir in some dates and mandarin oranges with juice.
Dried cranberries are also really good!
My daughter stirred in some chocolate almond milk and thought it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment